DDI seeks to engage an experienced Fundraiser/ Event Organizer
Published on 07 July 2017
The Diamond Development Initiative (DDI) is an international non-profit organization headquartered in Ottawa, Ontario that brings together miners, civil society, government and the private sector to address the development needs of artisanal miners and their communities. DDI’s work complements regulatory efforts to favor positive socioeconomic outcomes for miners and their facilities in developing countries. For more information on DDI, please visit: www.ddiglobal.org.
In 2018, DDI will celebrate its 10th anniversary. It will highlight this milestone by organizing a series of activities throughout the year, including an Annual General Meeting (AGM) which will be combined with an international conference.
DDI seeks to engage an experienced Development/ Events Manager on a full-time basis to:
- Plan and organize a series of activities and the 2018 AGM & Conference
- Write funding proposals to donors for but not limited to the 2018 AGM & Conference.
- Develop and oversee a communications strategy and programs, both external and internal that effectively promote the organization and its projects/activities.
- Design and implement an organizational fundraising policy
- Create content for a variety of publications and projects, including but not limited to newsletters, annual report, tweets, press releases, corporate videos, bylined articles, website management and content development
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills with experience developing donor communications
- Minimum 3 years’ experience writing funding proposals for non-profit organizations
- Minimum 2 years’ experience organizing events with at least 3 successfully organized international events
- Solid track record in conducting research on international development
- Team-oriented and self-organized to work independently
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally
- Fluency in French is an asset
Please submit your CV and cover letter by 12:00pm EDT July 31, 2017 to email@example.com
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.